- Our Centres
- Contact Us
Because we know that treating the root cause of your TMJ problem (not simply providing symptom relief) is the key to successful therapy results, our first and most important service is comprehensive evaluation and diagnostic testing.
This service will likely include:
1. Review of your detailed health history provided through individual completion of our Patient Questionnaire
2. An evaluation and measurement of you mandibular and cervical ranges of movement (comparing your ability to move your lower jaw and your head to what is considered standard)
3. A Joint Vibration Analysis (hard and soft tissue evaluation of the joint in function) will be done through a non-invasive technology that records the vibrations made by joint tissues during movement. The patterns and electronic signature of the patient’s joints are compared with known standards for healthy joints, providing objective proof of a TMD (TM disorder).
4. A Dental examination to evaluate for abnormal tooth wear (known as attrition) or fractures, the shape of the dental arches, tongue and swallowing patterns, missing teeth or other clues.
5. Postural exam to discover any musculoskeletal problems that either contribute to or are the result of TMJ problems. This includes scoliosis, lower back pain and short leg syndrome, among others.
6. An Airway evaluation to identify any breathing problems that can cause joint injury and affect the healing process.
7. A cranial examination to evaluate the planes of the skull, including the alignment of the jaw joints and mouth to the rest of the body (dental plane of occlusion).
8. Palpations of the related muscles, tendons and ligaments to identify inflammation, pain and it’s severity.
9. Neurologic examination to test for nerve or brain damage that may cause TMJ